Indice del forum

PcRoom

Discussioni sul web, hosting, grafica, web design, programmazione, OS, svaghi e tanto altro ancora.

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

A new client of mine bought a 54-year-old company and told m
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Forum di prova
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
Mims

Appassionato
Appassionato

Iscritti

italy
MessaggioInviato: Mar Ott 29, 04:23:44    Oggetto:  A new client of mine bought a 54-year-old company and told m
Descrizione:

A new client of mine bought a 54-year-old company and told me that his first objective was to give the company a long overdue face-lift including a new logo. We sat down to talk about what he wanted
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
, and though he was relatively open to ideas, I received strict orders to avoid the yellow and orange combination used in the company's current logo. While we were on the discussion of color, I brought out a Pantone swatch book to focus our efforts. My client was curious about how designers like myself went about choosing color.

While getting a design degree, I took several semesters of color theory. I learned to look at color in many different ways, how colors react to each other, the relative nature of color, the emotive quality of color
, how a prism breaks light into a rainbow, and about additive and subtractive color theory. I told my client that most designers develop their own sense of color after a lot of practice. When my client left, I realized that the way I chose color was really not based on scientific theory or anything I learned in college. The truth is that I never learned anything as valuable as the rules dictated by the basic box of Crayola crayons.

First of all, there really are only eight colors. Pantone comes out with newer, bigger swatch books every few years, but the reality is that there are still the eight basic colors we learned about in first grade: red, orange
, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown and black. According to Roy G. Biv (the acronym for rainbow colors), indigo is supposedly part of the rainbow, but let's face it: indigo is blue. Pantone gives the illusion of more
, thousands more, but if you cut any little swatch out of it's horizontal home in the narrow vertical Pantone fan-book and looked at it independently, you would recognize it as one of the basic 8 colors. It may be lighter or darker, but it's still one of the basic eight. While my second-grade teacher was teaching my classmates and me about Roy G. Biv, we were educating each other on color theory. Practicing our rainbows with a box of Crayolas taught us all we needed to know about color. Following is a list of things I think about before choosing color.

Brown is the color of poop Never use brown and yellow together. No one likes orange. Together, dark blue and black look like a bruise. Green and red mean Christmas. Pink is girly unless it's for bubble gum. Black and yellow always look like a bumblebee. Pastels are babyish. Red means love and stop. Green means go and money and spring. Dark purple is for royalty. Dark green, dark blue and dark red are for golf-playing fathers on business trips. Everyone likes the ocean
, jeans and the sky so everyone likes blue. Red and blue on white paper is patriotic. If you use a yellow crayon and you don't press hard enough you can't really see it. Paper is white so white crayons are pointless. Orange and black is for Halloween. Black is good for outlines, details, letters and licorice. If you use a red crayon and you don't press hard enough you get pink. Purple is good for boys or girls and anyone in between If you're only allowed to use one crayon, pick a dark one--you can get a lot of colors if you press hard in some spots and lightly in others.

There you have it. I personally love orange and I think that black and dark blue can be a very sophisticated combination, but if you're not comfortable choosing color, you can refer to the list for support. Pantone colors have replaced crayons in my life, but I find myself thinking back to this list often. For example
, I know that if I use yellow in a project, I can't use subtle screens of yellow because they won't show up. Or if I'm creating a bold design with red and another color, I avoid using screens of red because light pink is anything but bold. It helps to understand that there is no white ink in standard printing in the same way, to a second-grader, there is no point to a white crayon.

I hope this list, culled from my years of professional experience, will help you steer clear of mistakes and make you feel a little more educated about color.

With the ever increasing use of the Internet
, these days most people expect even smaller performing arts, sporting or other music venues to not only maintain a comprehensive and up to the minute schedule of their events,

but also to offer the ability to select seats and purchase tickets online 247. To celebrate their historic 100th birthday, Dodge has created limited edition Chargers and Challengers with special commemorative logos and badges, key fobs, red pearl coat paint, 20-inch
, 5-spoke aluminum wheels, 31 mpg with a v-6 engine, owner's kit, among other exclusive details and parts.

Other division leaders were Baltimore (21-12, American League East), Chicago White Sox (23-12, American League Central)
, Seattle Ticket Exchange (21-13, American League West), Washington (21-13, National League East), and Los Angeles Dodgers (18-15, National League West).

Boston currently has the second highest total of Stanley Cup championships won by an American team at five, with the Detroit Red Wings winning 11. NHL Ticket Exchange. their home arena is the TD Garden
, where they have played since 1995 after leaving the Boston Garden (which had been their home since 1928).

The MLB Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster Guarantee also provides that once your purchase is confirmed, the seats you will receive will be the seats you ordered or you will receive seats as good as or better than the section and row ordered or we will refund your money. For more information, please visit our site .

Total Views: 116Word Count: 237See All articles From Author

Your Strengths, Your Money Family Articles | August 14, 2003
Need a few extra bucks to help pay down debt or build upyour ... account? There are some simple ways to do ... working another job or being away from the ... m.
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Mar Ott 29, 04:23:44    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Forum di prova Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: